Wednesday, April 18, 2007

in case you wondered.

-People sometimes wonder why I dont blog more about my job or other areas of my life. Its not that I dont want to, but friends? There are a lot of days when I am driving home thinking, "what the hell happened today?" and I want to share, but then I think ok how would i even begin to explain this day? So I keep reminding myself that the day is over and I can unclench my teeth and turn counselor crse (who maintains a pleasant upbeat demeanor while you are tellng me anything from how your wife is having an internet affair, to how you are worried that your kid has suddenly started shitting all over the toilet) off. Somewhere on that drive home I realize, there is no way i could begin to explain how i got into a staredown with an emotionally disturbed fifth grader (and was gleeful that I won) ended up getting puked on by a two month old baby, spent a great deal of time strategizing with my co-workers about how to avoid the very bad hygiene and smell of a client's friend, dealt with a client's father who makes every conversation with him as productive as galloping through a field of shit, and explained to yet another teacher that when my client is on the floor with his hand down his pants, and bouncing up and down on his stomach, it is NOT a sensory behavior but it IS incredibly inappropriate.

So yeah some days, its much easier and less stressful to blog in the moment. And my biggest concern at this moment is whether the turnip has officially become the poster child for HBS (hateful baby syndrome). I am actually calling the dr tomorrow to see if she will check him out for any physiological causes for his meanness. Now Im falling asleep so goodnight dear friends.

11 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

HBS...never heard of this..

Winterskiprincess said...

As someone who hates talking about work once I am done, I haven't wondered. LOL.

I used to find it so annoying when I was at a family gathering and they would be like "so how is the job". "Gee it's great I have been there 60 hours this week, and thought I might just be able to take a break from it for a couple of hours"

But I do always find your work stories amusing, as one would from a looooonnnnnnnggg distance away!!

Winterskiprincess said...

HTS Hateful teenager syndrom will be here before you know it.

Jay said...

But if you did want to talk about work I bet a lot of the stories would be really interesting.

ZigZagMan said...

I think we all overthink it sometimes..:) And like cops...your profession unfortunately often shows you alot of the worst, along with the good. My suggestion is to drink heavily and watch more "South Park". Ehh.....can't hurt...might help :)

Anonymous said...

I told GB about the Turnip's HBS, and after giving it WAY too much thought, he suggested that it's possible you might have made that up. Is this true??? :)

Mary said...

GF, i don't know how many times John and I have threatened to put Anna on medication because she seems to be so bipolar sometimes, and is prone to being overly sensitive to the smallest thing that doesn't go her way. I completely understand you thinking that your kid might be chemically imbalanced.

Unfortunately for us, there is some basis for being concerned. i have mental illness in my gene pool. John and I both have depression in our gene pool.:(

Then she goes for months just being a normal pain in the butt kid. :D She has some signs of possibly having ADHD (most kids have at least one of the signs, for pete's sake LOL). If we see that it is impeding relationships and school, we will take her in. For now, we are just dealing with it as best as we can.

Emma... well she is Anna times 2. Aren't we the lucky ones?

I can understand you not wanting to talk about work and wanting to shut it down.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, so sorry for the meanness :(

crse said...

WSB and Jay, yeah they do make interesting stories. Complete with the stock phrase, "looking back, its actually pretty funny". Sometimes it does feel better when i write about it. (youd think id be more on top of my case-notes then)
Zig, thats pretty much what i do.
LB, I love that man.
Mert, Its funny, but one of the symptoms of bi-polar and other personality disorders is that the person is acting like a child. Sometimes we forget that when our kids act like that, they are just being kids. I feel your pain about the girls though. Mental Illness runs on both sides of our family too...
Jenny Ryan, thanks buddy!

G-Love said...

i like when bus station crse comes out into the light. i wouldn't miss it for the world...

crse said...

Aw g-love! bus station crse only comes out for special folks like yourself!