Monday, April 30, 2007

Must. Blog. Something

I know its bitch and moan monday. But it was like 70 degrees and sunny! And the end of the month and all my paperwork is done! And well...we have a mini trampoline in the middle of our living room! What the hell can i possibly have to bitch and moan about? Im sorry its been so quiet here. The end of the month got particularly ugly, we were busy having fun with the fabus, and then norm's party. (a smashing success)

The one thing I can find to bitch about today? Chinese food. It scares the hell out of me. Even the stuff that tastes good is strangely suspect to me. I think in the back of my mind (ok who am i kidding, the front of my mind too) I just have this fear that the food has been recycled because it is so unrecognizable. I mean seriously, how would we know if the proprietors just took left over stuff and re-prepped it in another form. I guess italian is the same way but i think i dont have the "eating from a garbage can" feeling because I have this irrational belief that the acidic nature of tomatoes is purifying. I really do like MSG though. Like in chex mix? Tasty stuff friends. Tasty stuff. Ok thats all i got besides a committment to try to blog more this week. Not only more, but also more frivolously. I feel I need to get back to the completely frivolous spirit that chez panflutemaster is known for. So that is my commitment to you.

7 comments:

Jay said...

I do NOT do Chinese food. I've just never been able to get into it. I guess if I ever travel to China I will starve to death there! LOL

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I like chinese...but it makes me retain so much water..and I always wonder if I'm eating someone's pet cat.

Plus it smells funny.

Pippajo said...

I find I like Chinese food in theory, but when it's actually put before me, I'm always disappointed. And I always feel icky afterwards.

Then again, I am suspicious of the food no matter where I go. I guess the idea of cooking for and serving strangers is so repellent to me that I can't imagine anyone else doing it willingly and without sabotaging it somehow. But that's just me...

Winterskiprincess said...

Apparently none of you have the best Chinese restaurant ever near you. Greenleaves!! OMG, their sesame beef is yummy.

MrRyanO said...

Can we get pictures of this trampoline in use? That would be great to have at parties! Can I borrow it???

ZigZagMan said...

Whenever food scares me....I think of clowns......and then the food is not so scary by comparison....clowns scare me....I need to hide now.......

Mary said...

I love chinese!

Darn you woman, now I want some MSG! :D

Nothing to bitch about? No news is good news, right?