Thursday, July 06, 2006

Empty Nest Syndrome

Well Lucky Buzz and Gospel Bob just pulled out to head back home and our house feels emptier already. Its not helping that norm is asking things like "are they coming back tonight?" and "if we have another party, will they come back today?" (we should have asked that one before they left) Here is the thing when they come to visit. Im generally kind of a private person. I like visitors in small doses. Overnight is fine. A few days is fine. The thing about LB and GB? They stayed for close to a month once and I still cried when they left. They fit so well into our home. They have not been here in four years and yet when you would look up and see them wander into a room, it is like they never left. They just BELONG here. They are also good at helping me see things about my life that I tend to not notice. So fair warning? Ill be blogging about my new insights a lot in the next few days. Right now though, I think I might try to institute a family nap. We dont like to sleep a lot when they are here. We are all afraid we might miss something....

1 comment:

luckybuzz said...

Aw, sweetie, you and your family just rock SO MUCH. You guys are so amazing at making us feel welcome...we miss you already too! (And we spent much of the drive home talking about how freaking awesome you all are...can't wait to see you again soon!)