Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The 2-4 meme

Courtesy of the fabulous Canada
Why? Because I have a million work things to do and my kids are crying and pissed at their dad and I am about to pull my hair out with frustration.

The 2-4 Meme

2 moments in your life you'd like to erase:
"Actually, this is hard. I usually think that everything happens for a reason." (canada said this and I agree)
1. Watching them take Turnip from the hospital to a NIC-U 45 minutes away two days after he was born. (it was ten minutes from my house but completely sucked even still)
2. Having to tell my little brother (ok he was 30 at the time) that our Grammy died.

4 moments you'd like to relive:
1. Most of the late 80s and early 90s (and ideally I would remember more this time)
2. Fine summer sunsets on top of Mt. Lemmon with Gill.
3. Driving into Alaska and seeing a rainbow flow into a forest.
4. Most of the boys' lives so far (again stolen from Canada)

2 places you wouldn't go to/go to again:
1. SAN FRANCISCO- (no offense LB. You are about the only thing that could get me back there)
2. Did I mention SAN FRANCISCO? I dont know...maybe Siberia? I dont like cold places.

4 places you can't wait to visit/visit again:
1. Boston. I LOVE BOSTON.
2. The Carolinas. I LOVE THE CAROLINAS.
3. Id love to go to Greece. My cousin went last year and the pictures were amazing.
4. I want to live in Arizona again someday. Its just so far away.

2 foods you can't stand:
1. Onions
2. Green Peppers.

4 foods you love:
1. my dad's cheeseburgers.
2. Watermelon
3. Butterball smoked turkey (i just discovered this stuff. Its AMAZING!!!)
4. Cheese

2 current songs that make you change the station:

1. Move Along- All American Rejects (it just bugs me)
2. Be Without You- Mary J. Blige (way to be completely emotionally dependent there MJ)

4 songs you play over and over:
1. Where'd you go- Fort Minor (i love that little refrain)
2. Feelz Good- The Gorillas
3. Breathe- Anna Nalick (I cant help it, the line "but my god its so beautiful when the boy smiles" makes me incredibly happy)
4. Temperature - Sean Paul (Gill finds it immeasurably annoying when I tell him I wanna be da poppa and he can be da mom. i think that is 90% of the charm of this song for me!)

2 books you'd never finish/read again:

1. This is so embarrassing but Harry Potter- I know, what is WRONG with me? Ive never admitted this before.
2. Anything by Stephen King. He's scared the shit out of me too many times. Ill never go back there again.

4 books you have read more than once, and/or will read again: (and this is where my complete nerdiness comes out)
1. To Kill a Mockingbird (yes Im a high school freshman)
2. Anything by Jane Austen (yes Im a giddy girly one too)
3. Anything by JD Salinger (to help me deal with my teen angst of course)
4. Anything by Kurt Vonnegut. (I think Ive hit critical geeky high school kid here)

Ok Canada suggests you tag people but two out of three of my commenters read her blog too.... So if you feel like de-lurking now is the time!

6 comments:

luckybuzz said...

SO with you on the teen angst. But you knew that.

crse said...

you are melting my heart today and i forgot to tell you, you are right about the rooster. As if there were any real question ;-)

Canada said...

Okay, I love To Kill A Mockingbird!
And Anna Nalick's song. And definitely the late 80s/early 90s. I'm so about the teen angst (not that I had a lot) and the unrequited love (heaping loads of this in my life).

And I still think you're cool, even if you don't like Harry Potter! :)

Jesse said...

Yes, you have a much more sophisticated taste in literature. I am stuck being addicted to pulp...

Though, it could be worse, I could be reading dan brown. In fact I should have put that down on my list I'll never read. hmmmmm

Wait, if you like dan brown, I mean no offense.

Canada said...

hey, I just noticed how you described me - thanks! At least someone thinks I'm fabulous! (tee hee)

crse said...

I DO think you are fabulous! And not just because I steal stuff like this from your blog all the time either! Jesse, I would hardly call my tastes sophisticated. But Im going to entertain that delusion for a few minutes thanks to you! (and right there with you on the dan brown brother)