Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Quotable Me-Me

Thanks to my darling Luckybuzz for this one. It took like 45 minutes to find these quotes which was a GREAT idea less than 48 hours away from the Turnip's birthday party with only about a million things left to do. But the LB's siren song lures me once again.... Anyway, How it works: "Go hereand look through random quotes until you find 5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe."

I have NO IDEA what these say about me but they spoke to me and kind of sounded like stuff ive thought or said in the past:

Oh! Do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch.
Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Mansfield Park

There is surely a piece of divinity in us, something that was before the elements, and owes no homage unto the sun.
Sir Thomas Browne (1605 - 1682), 1642

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Don't let the bastards grind you down.
General Joseph W. Stilwell (1883 - 1946), Motto

She is a friend of my mind... The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order.
Toni Morrison (1931 - )

4 comments:

Jennfactor 10 said...

CRSE, You are OUTSTANDING. I adore each and every one of those. I wanna play this one, too!!! But I wanna use yours!! Beee-yooo-tiful.

luckybuzz said...

LOVE the White quote. And love love love the Morrison. That is so you for me, my friend. :)

luckybuzz said...

OH! And I dreamed about the Turnip last night! He was doing his mind meld with me and I was so, so happy to see him. :)

crse said...

Ah Jen! Why am I not surprised that the same quotes speak to us as we live our twin lives? LB I put the last one up for you! Thats how I feel about YOU! And the turnip slept til 11 today. The long distance mind meld probably wore him out!