Friday, August 18, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #7



Thirteen Guilty Pleasures I Joyously Embrace


1. Spaghettios. I know they are horrible. And not spaghetti like at all. But I love them for what they are, not what they pretend to be!

3. Really cheap hotdogs. Oh my god the nitrates. I do feel good about the fact that the cheap ass hotdogs I buy are probably contain so very little of the animals they supposedly come from, that Im ultimately saving more pigs and cows and turkeys and pigeons etc.

4. Target. Oh How I love my sweet Target. The dollar bins. The rotating sodas at the fountain bar. The clearance items. The fact that any imaginable product has a lower priced Target brand buddy. Political implications aside, I cant get enough of that crazy Target stuff!

5. True crime books and documentaries. They appeal to my inner voyeur and to the meticulous inner forensic scientist trapped under all the dishevelment and chaos that is me.

6. My brother’s hand me down rugby shirts. Despite the sayings like “our drinking team has a rugby problem” and “we’d rather wound our bodies than our pride”, they are surprisingly well made and comfortable!

7. Spongebob Squarepants. I know I should be as insulted by it as Gill is, but dammit Im NOT. I LOVE that show and am not ashamed to admit I laugh out loud at LEAST once a show.

8. Psychics. For someone who is TERRIFIED of the supernatural, I am a sucker for a half believable psychic. I blame my grammy for this. She always loved a good psychic.

9. Boxed wine and fresca spritzers.

10. Sheetz MTO bar. I feel like I can develop a more personal relationship with my lunch through the MTO bar. Its quite empowering.

11. My new favorite columnist, The Jewish Ethicist. It’s like Dear Abby meets the Torah. I constantly check for updates. (no I’m not Jewish)

12. Spider Solitaire. Ahh she is a harsh mistress.

13. Getting my eyebrows waxed. It shouldn’t be relaxing but strangely it is!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

Did You Ever Get the Feeling?
Just Jump In
Using My Powers For Good
The Knut Hut
Tinkerbell
Changed By His Love
Everyday Adventures of A Patent Princess
Collecting My Thoughts
Whispering From The Wings



Get the Thursday Thirteen code her e!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 comments:

Jennfactor 10 said...

I am right there with you on # 4 and #7, but I have to admit, I've never touched my eyebrows...I'm afraid I'll go crazy on one, and end up looking like some rejected Star Trek test-alien.

Pippajo said...

Oooh! Can I share some of mine?

Okay,
1. Corn dogs
2. Shamrock shakes
3. McChicken sandwiches
4. Target (not to copy-cat you, but I do lurve me some Target)
5. Passions (yes, the sleaziest, worst-acted, most hilarious soap opera EVER)!
6. Cheap champagne--the cheaper the better
7. "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake (did I just admit that in writing?)
8. "Temperature" by Sean Paul
9. Trash picking--I love a good curbside haul
10. Unsolved Mysteries--lord, I loved that show
11. Sex & the City--I never saw it before TBS began running reruns. Now I sneak into the living room to watch it after the kids and The Viking go upstairs.
12. Spider Solitaire--first it was Minesweeper, then Free Cell, now it's Spider Solitaire. I have this odd ritual; whenever I turn on the computer I have to win a game before I do anything else, then I can't turn the computer off until I win at least one game. Oh, yes, it's true.
13. Huge cotton underwear--I know it's supposedly unfeminine, but my huge bottom wants to be comfy, panty lines be damned!

Tink said...

I don't see much you'd have to feel quilty about. Or would that be because I share so much of these thirteen...? ;-)
Great idea for T13!

Canada said...

Yumm . . . hotdogs. WIth ketchup. Or mustard. Or both. Depending on my mood.

I miss Target. They keep promising to bring Target to Canada, but so far it's all lies, baby!!

And I love Fresca, y'all know I love wine (and many other forms of alcohol), so this I must try!

And Pippajo: 1,2,4,8 (I LOVE that song), and 11 all rock

Changed by His Love said...

Those are all good. Target! I love that place. I can close it down any night.
My TT is up!

luckybuzz said...

Oh my god. I share #s 1,4,5,7,8,9, and 12.

AND I don't even know pippajo, but we share #s 1 (veggie for me),2,3,4,6,9,12, and 13.

:)

Anonymous said...

LOL - great list. I am a big fan of spaghettios (I'll even eat them on toast sometimes) oh and the really bright yellow, powdery mac & cheese that Kraft makes. Yummmmm. I'm also an avid Target shopper :)

crse said...

F10- I get them done. Its totally a guilty pleasure.
Ok Pippa- 1,2,3,4,6, (we will never speak of 7 again)(KIDDING!) 8,9, 12 and 13! i LOVE that you left a list in comments! You rock! I never thought about spaghettios on toast. Thats a great idea! And I LOVE the kraft when you get it in the restaurant with the kids meals. Its like they make it with cream or something!

Anonymous said...

Ah, spaghettios...so delicious! Thanks for visiting my TT :)

Norma said...

Oh how joyful! Especially the spaghettios.

My TT is up.

Happy Mama to Three said...

Oh Tarjay how I love theee, and true crime books are my passion, I love them. Ann Rule is one of my favorite authors. And now there are two of us who like having their eyebrows waxed. Heck if I know why, I just find it makes me feel polished and like I took a little extra time to look good for me.

Enjoy your guilty pleasures

Cindi
My TT is up and running

Jennfactor 10 said...

I am fascinated by the eyebrow thing, just terrified to do it myself...maybe I'll try it as a guilty pleasure....If Turnip's Par-tay is today, good luck!