Wednesday, August 02, 2006

cleaning the psychic house: part deux

Well...we had the big purge. It took two separate meetings. Madame Fabu was extremely supportive. She kept talking about the progress we made since our first re-organization effort in feb. When we finished today, I felt really good. That was at five. Now it is 9 and Im in a low grade state of panic. I was in denial about the nature of that other dropping shoe even though I knew it was there. And I came home, logged onto my online banking site, and saw that I once again have a huge financial disaster. Gill is being gracious about it as some of it relates to a bank account piracy issue that took place in the spring and raised its ugly head ONCE AGAIN two weeks ago resulting in 150 dollars of NSF fees. (that was a delightful surprise....) It is pretty pathetic when I am relieved that the water disconnection notice is dated for the 16th because I have "breathing room". Even more pathetic that Im hoping to god my relatives give the turnip money at his birthday party in a few weeks so we can give him the gift of electric next month. (ill make it up to him i promise...) I just need to remember that we've been way worse off and we've found our way back out. And keep playing the lottery, and keep checking my mailbox for a surprise check from someplace we'd never expect.

7 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Aw, sweetie, I wish I could send you a surprise million bucks. But you're right, you guys will be okay...here's hoping for birthday money for the Turnip! (And many many hugs from me to you all...)

crse said...

aww shucks baby...i know you do. i wasnt hinting because im pretty sure everyone who reads my blog and knows me personally is sadly not in any position to send aforementioned check, but the hugs and the wishes and hopes do make me feel better!

Jennfactor 10 said...

CRSE, CRSE, CRSE. You and I, my friend? We should never meet.
Your issues are my own.
We would wreak havoc. Big O's birthday could pay for itself, also to be repaid at a later date. Knowing that this is my fiancial situation, I still have to throw him a kick-ass party. yikes.

Canada said...

I feel for you, crse. We were financially okay before we had kids. Kids are expensive, twins even more so. Then we moved into the money pit. I'm looking forward to them going to grade one so I can pick up some more clients to earn some more cash.

Don't forget to check all the pockets of any off-season coats (fall, winter, rain) and purses/bags that you haven't used in a while. Here's hoping for a couple of squished up twenties!

Jesse said...

I keep checking my mail box too. Though not for a check....

Checks are cool.

Canada said...

Hey, I got a cheque today. Just in time to go and put it all down on the mastercard. Damn mastercard. Damn interest!

crse said...

Well thats cool Canada! Except for the paying mastercard part. Its pay day today. I always feel better on pay day, whether its rational or not....