Monday, August 21, 2006

My Mafioso Dentist

Ok this is kind of random but consider it one of the things i had to put out there just for a reality check. so ive been to many dentists in my life and i never saw anything like this happen before. Norm went to get a tooth fixed today and we had a great talk about being a good patient. all through the session, the dentist was very complimentary. at the end of the visit, he pulled a bankroll out of his pocket and gave him a dollar. he said "i always pay my good patients". I was like "whaaaa?" and the little italian dental assistant (his whole staff is made up of little italian women who apparently all hail from the same part of town) said "oh no, he does this for the good kids". A dollar. Not a toothbrush. Not a little cheapy toy. A dollar. From his bank roll.

4 comments:

Jesse said...

I think he is probably the tooth fairy. Which means the tooth fairy has to have a day job, the magical holiday Union must not know hot to negotiate higher wages.

luckybuzz said...

I was just going to say that is really freaking bizarre, but now I'm seriously considering Jesse's suggestion that he's the tooth fairy. Hmmm.

Canada said...

I just think it means I should encourage my kids to become dentists, if there's that much extra cash floating around!!!

crse said...

Um Canada? I dont think he just does "dentistry". I mean he could be the toothfairy. Frankly, thats a more comforting explanation....